Security deployments are complex and can overload IT teams with complex security rules and mountains of data from multiple sources. Panorama™ network security management empowers you with easy-to-implement, consolidated policy creation and centralized management features. Set up and control firewalls centrally with industry-leading functionality and an efficient rule base, and gain insight into network-wide traffic and threats.
Key Security Features
- Deploy corporate policies centrally to be used in conjunction with regional or functional policies for maximum flexibility.
- Delegate appropriate levels of administrative control at the regional level or globally with role-based management.
- Group devices into logical, hierarchical device groups for greater management flexibility.
- Utilize template stacks for easy device and network configuration.
- Easily import existing device configurations into Panorama.
Visibility and Security
- Automatically correlate indicators of threats for improved visibility and confirmation of compromised hosts across your network.
- Centrally analyze, investigate and report network traffic, security incidents and administrative modifications.
- View a highly customizable graphical summary of applications, users, content and security threats.
- Generate actionable, customizable reports to view application and threat traffic, SaaS usage, and user behavior across your configuration.
From a central location, administrators can gain insight into applications, users and content traversing the firewalls. The knowledge of what is on the network, in conjunction with safe application enablement policies, maximizes protection and control while minimizing administrative effort. Administrators can centrally perform analysis, reporting and forensics with the aggregated data over time, or on data stored on the local firewall. Both Panorama and the individual devices share the same web-based look and feel, minimizing any learning curve or delay in executing the task at hand. Palo Alto Networks adheres to a management philosophy that emphasizes consistency, providing a significant advantage over competitive offerings.
Panorama Hardware Appliances
The Panorama M-200 and M-600 appliances have several interfaces for communicating with other systems such as managed firewalls and the client systems of Panorama administrators. Panorama communicates with these systems to perform various services, including managing devices (firewalls, Log Collectors, and WildFire appliances and appliance clusters), collecting logs, communicating with Collector Groups, deploying software and content updates to devices, and providing administrative access to Panorama.
You can deploy Panorama as a virtual appliance on VMware ESX(i), allowing you to support your virtualization initiatives and consolidate rack space.