Juniper Networks MX
MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers are Ethernet-centric services routers that are purpose-built for the most demanding carrier and enterprise applications.
Powered by the Junos Operating System and the Junos Trio chipset, the MX Series 3D delivers unprecedented scaling in bandwidth, subscribers, and services, that ensures investment protection in even the fastest growing markets.
The MX Series 3D is optimized for Juniper Network’s Software Defined Network (SDN) strategy. Its architecture cleanly separates control, management, services, and forwarding planes, and it supports virtualized network services using high performance service cards, all managed by the Junos Space Network Management platform.
Typical MX Series service provider applications include:
- Carrier Ethernet aggregation for fixed and mobile backhaul networks
- Video distribution and IPTV IP routing and Layer 2 / Layer 3 VPN support
- Broadband network gateway functions with multiplay services support
- Managed services
- IPv6 transition
- Data-center consolidation and interconnect
- Packet core solutions and service consolidation for mobile networks