Help extend the life of your storage investments with Compellent Storage Center solutions. Flexible, non-disruptive storage options enable your data center to grow seamlessly without forklift upgrades.
- Simultaneous iSCSI, Fibre Channel (FC) and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) front-end interconnects
- SAS and FC drive technologies, including write-intensive,single-level cell (SLC) and read-intensive, multi-level cell (MLC) SSDs
- Scales up to 960 SAS drives per dual controller system and scales-out to multiple systems across multiple sites, monitored by a single console
- Works with FS8600 NAS appliance for integrated block and file storage solutions
Enhanced performance and density
Experience the combined benefits of Dell Compellent architecture and a resilient Dell hardware design that offers improved performance and increased memory over previous generation Dell Compellent controllers.
- 2U rack chassis with dual six-core, 2.5GHz (with Turbo) Intel® Xeon® E5-2640 CPUs
- 16GB1 to 64GB1 total available cache per controller, with a maximum 128GB1 per dual controller system (a dual controller configuration is required to support full high-availability and failover capabilities in production environments)
- Six PCIe Gen3-enabled expansion slots to extend I/O capabilities for future growth
- Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC7 Enterprise) to add hardware and environmental monitoring capabilities to the Storage Center solution
- Storage Center Operating System 64-bit support for improved scalability and performance
Increase your capacity and build a complete end-to-end Dell hardware solution with next-generation Storage Center SC200, SC220 and SC280 expansion enclosures as well as the SC220 Flash-optimized solutions.
Only a Fluid Data architecture can actively, intelligently manage your data at a more granular level to cut cost, time, and risk for your business. Still don't believe us? Contact a Compellent SAN Storage Specialist at Enterprise Networks Solutions to schedule an on-site demo of the Compellent system. We will show you how we can save your company time and money by consolidating your data on a Compellent SAN.
Compellent Thin Provisioning, called Dynamic Capacity, delivers the highest storage utilization possible by eliminating allocated but unused capacity. Dynamic Capacity completely separates storage allocation from utilization, enabling users to allocate any size virtual volume upfront, yet only consume physical disk space when data is written. Thin Write technology assesses the incoming payload against the current state of the storage pool, then allocates space accordingly.